The best magazine
The Best Five Dating Sites
- Match.com was launched in 1995 and in 2011 serves over 29 million singles in 24 countries. The site allows you to search through all its personal ads for free. It has specific categories for those singles wanting to find a Christian, Jewish, Asian, Black, Senior or Gay partner. Match.com claims that their site has led singles to "more dates, relationships and marriages than any other site."
- EHarmony claims to be the first online matchmaking service that used a scientific approach to matching couples based on their compatibility. The site has over 9 million registered users in 2011 and is growing daily. EHarmony is proud to announce that the matches made on the site account for five percent of all new U.S. marriages. Joining eHarmony is free, and the first step is to complete a relationship questionnaire. After that you are given a free personality profile and some free matches.
- PerfectMatch.com has over 11 million registered users in 2011. PerfectMatch.com uses their own registered programs, called Duet to enhance the matchmaking capacities of their site. Duet allows you to find other singles that are compatible based on your own preferences. The site also offers many search tools to help you find the perfect match.
- Chemistry.com is from the same people who introduced Match.com over a decade ago. Chemistry.com uses some of the same technology as Match.com, but with a more of a research-based matching system. It has over 14 million registered users as of 2011. The site uses the latest research by Dr. Helen Fisher, a biological anthropologist, in their profile questionnaire. This Chemistry profile is then used to predict your best match based on the answers to the questionnaire.
- Spark.com is a dating site which boasts over one million registered users as of 2011. What makes this site different form other sites is that it requires all users, free and subscription members, to upload a personal picture within 72 hours of joining the site. On many sites, singles are not required to upload a photo. Having a photo helps you determine whether this potential date is someone to whom you are physically attracted.