The best magazine
How to Create Catalogs
- 1). Consult with a printer and develop a budget for your catalog. The printer can give you ideas for your layout, suggest an appropriate size based on the number of items to be included, and show you samples. The printer can also give you an idea of how long to make your product descriptions.
- 2). Use varied typeface, color and graphics to make your catalog interesting. You may want to include testimonials or tips on using your products.
- 3). Include special offers in a visually attractive format throughout the catalog.
- 4). Write clear product descriptions in precise prose. Make sure your descriptions will fit in the allotted space.
- 5). If possible, include a history and description of your company, along with photos. You can also include a letter from the president or founder of your company detailing any positives about your company, from customer loyalty to long-term staff relationships with the firm and participation by the company in charitable events.
- 6). Include a user-friendly order form with directions for ordering by phone, online and by fax.
- 7). Pay special attention to the front cover of the catalog. The cover should be attractive, and teasers should invite the customer to investigate further by perusing the catalog.
- 8). You may want to create a mock-up of the catalog to be sure everything fits in properly before sending it off to the printer. This mock-up can be created on your word processor, and then printed out for presentation to the printer along with the order to avoid misunderstandings. Proofread carefully, and have someone else help with this important final step.